Monday, September 07, 2009

Sunday, August 30

On Sunday morning, we got ready early.

We went to my dad's old church. We went to the service and had to sit in the front, just behind the choir in the "foreign section" so that the whole congregation could see us. There were headphones and a translator who couldn't translate very well.

After church, we visited my grandfather's (mother's father) burial site.

My two uncles and my dad.

We got some McDonald's for lunch.

My Korean was so bad that I misordered and ended up getting like 8 Big Mac meals vs just Big Macs.

Laura got spicy chicken tenders. They were really spicy but she really liked them. They were better than the Big Macs.

Seoul National Cemetery.

We visited my Uncle Chang Ho (my dad's older brother).

Then we stopped at a fancy coffee place before meeting up with my mother's side of the family.

These stores are all over the city.

Jim got the Mr. Big candy bar because "if you're this big, they call you Mister".

My 89 year old grandmother and Laura.

My middle uncle with his wife and 2 sons.

My uncle and aunt

2 comments:

Yo sista said...

That's "When You're This Big, They Call You Mister". Post more! More! We're home now. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

Laura's mom said...

Oh yeah. I should have read it closer. Are you back? I can't get to sleep. I'm screwed tomorrow.