Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

School was cancelled for Laura today because there was supposed to be a HUGE storm. I ended up taking her to work and I got out fairly early. We didn't get much of a storm and very little storm. What a waste.
Laura and I took a nice long nap and then when we woke up, we baked some red velvet cupcakes today with cream cheese frosting for one of her treats for Valentine's day. I have never been a big fan of this cake and this did not come out very red. In fact, I had to keep adding more red dye to the batter and it just turned a light pink color. Laura loved frosting and adding the cherry on top.




They were moist, light and pretty to look at but I just don't understand why people like this cake. It's just too plain and unexciting.

No comments: