Sunday, April 13, 2008

Philly trip

We arrived in Philadelphia on Wednesday afternoon.
It took Laura a little bit to warm up to all of her relatives.
She had fun with my young cousins.We visited my mom's grave Then went to dinner at King Buffet.

On Thursday, my dad, Laura and I drove down to D.C. and picked up my brother. Then there was more eating at a Korean buffet.
We visited my aunts (dad's sisters) in northern VA.
Laura kept herself busy with some physical exercise.
The weather was gorgeous so we walked around outside. On our way back to Philly, we picked up my sister at the train station.
She brought some gifts for Laura including this jellybean pooping rabbit.

Friday, we just hung out.
My brother seems to be having much more fun on the swings than Laura.
Laura picked some flowers for my mother.
We also enjoyed some Rita's water ice.
On Saturday, we picked up Ymo's fiance at the train station and went to get some Philly cheesesteaks at Jim's Steaks. It was just ok. Laura didn't want any and only licked the ketchup.
We walked around South Street and got more Rita's!
Later that afternoon, more of my family came over to go to the Memorial service at my dad's church.
We visited the grave site before the service.
The service was actually very beautiful and they did a wonderful job. It was good seeing many of my parent's friends and reuniting with my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,

I can't believe it's already been a year since you're mom passed away. I'm sure she'd be happy to know that you guys are doing so well. You all look like such a happy family. Don't tell me it's all a charade, I wouldn't be able to handle it. And btw, the picture of Laura & your bro on the swing made me crack up. That one's a keeper.

Next time you swing by DC will you give me a goddamn call? I know you were busy this weekend but hopefully you'll be down again soon.

XO
Minsuh

Laura's mom said...

It was better than I expected but still very hard. We miss her terribly. At the church service, they had a slideshow with photos of her and I was a disaster.

There's actually like 5 more pictures of Laura and my bro on the swing set which are equally hilarious. I had to post at least one of them (the funny thing is, that it is one of the less embarrassing photos).