Friday, July 21, 2006

July 17th, 2006

After work, I went home and got everything ready to go to the gym to workout for half and hour and then swimming with Laura since the weather was hot and muggy.
I got to daycare and the staff told me that she felt hot after she woke up from her nap. I felt her and compared her to another kid and she did feel warm. The activity plans were ditched and I brought her home.
Temp was 102.5. I gave her some motrin and a tepid bath. She perked up pretty quickly and we stayed home doing various stuff. I ended up taking her to the park and putting her on the swing for a while. Sooo humid.
At about 8pm I gave her another bath since she was doused with bugspray. She was playing in the tub for a while and then all of a sudden she started getting distressed. I took her out and she started shivering. I could see the goosebumps on her skin. Poor girl. I bundled her up. Her forehead was hot but her hands, feet and nose were cold. I gave her some more motrin. Put her in the bed and bundled her up. Temp: 102.8
At 11pm, I checked on her and she was HOT! Ear temp: 106!
Hubby got a large bowl with ice water and we dipped towels and layed them on her back and her head. I got her a couple of pedialyte ice pops and she chomped them down. We got her temp down and gave her some tylenol. She was up again at 1am and 4am. I gave her some more Motrin at 4am.

It's amazing how quickly this all happened. I'm just grateful that I had those freezer pops that I tucked away in the freezer months ago.
She went to the pediatrician the next day and he found nothing. "It's a virus going around."

No comments: