Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vacation is over

Highlights of this weekend. Sorry, no photos!
Labor Day weekend marks the end of my 2 week vacation. Sigh.
My sister came up to visit this weekend and Laura immediately took to her and "defected". Every word out of her mouth was "Ymo,ymo, ymo" (Aunt in Korean) and she would give a running commentary on what she was doing. "Ymo shower". "Ymo done shower". "Ymo bye bye". It was a really good visit.

The other highlight was going to Dim Sum on Sunday. I met up with friends visiting from out of town and we went to China Pearl. I had never been there before and it was really good. The place was packed too but seating was pretty quick. Laura was pretty good with eating dumplings and rice but the highlight came when we decided to get snails. She was eating it up. "More" she kept saying one after the other. The problem was that they were still in their shells so I had to dig it out with a toothpick and I wasn't giving it to her fast enough. She also had tripe and ate some of that too. TRIPE! which I am squeamish about! I have to admit that they did do a really good job and they were pretty tasty without the funky aftertaste.

Back to work, back to reality. Sigh....

No comments: