Tuesday, August 22, 2006

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!



Here is Laura sleeping with her new friend, Ernie.


Thomas and Laura being bad throwing mulch all over the place.


Piggyback


Thelma & Louise


Well, 22 months has not been that eventful. Besides some small trips to the Aquarium and Buttonwood, the days have been melding together.
Laura's understanding has increased dramatically to the point that she tries to interrupt conversation if she understands something from it.
Additionally, she is obsessed with injury. If she had her way, she would have a permanent bandaid on her knee. She had a small scrape on it months ago and she constantly says "Ow", "boo boo", "hurt", "bandaid" and will kiss it over and over again. When she got her Ernie doll, I pulled a piece of string from his foot and she wanted me to put a bandaid on it (which I did, reluctantly) and then she kept kissing it and wanting him to feel better. Oy, I hope this child doesn't decide a future in medicine!

On Sunday, I tried a potty experiment. I put underwear on her instead of a diaper and kept reminding her to use the potty. She was in her pajama top and underwear most of the day. She was very good with no accidents. I ended up putting a diaper on when she took a nap so she went through just 1 diaper the whole day and night. Phew! I'm still so reluctant to take away the diaper b/c of my complete aversion of cleaning up pee!

No comments: